Hello Everyone, In this tutorial I will be teaching you How to Sort Data as per your own Custom List in Excel with the help of a question given below:
Here I have a set of data which consists of sales amount in North, East, West, South Zones. Now I want that the Zones sequence should be in NEWS Format by sorting the Data List. So how can I sort my data as per my own Custom List?
To Sort Data as per your own Custom List you have to follow the steps given below:
1. Choose the Entire Data
2. Go to the Data tab and click on Sort Button
3. A Sort Panel will open now do the following things:
- In the Sort by Dropdown select the Zone option
- In the order, Dropdown select the Custom list option
4. Now a Custom List Panel will open
5. Create a New List as per the NEWS (North, East, West, South) Format in the list of entries
Note – Press Enter to a separate list of Entries
6. Click on Add and your Custom List will be created
7. Now click on OK
8. After clicking Ok a Sort Panel will be there mentioning the Order list so click on OK
9. Lastly your data list will be created.