In this blog, we will learn about VLOOKUP Formula in Excel
How to use VLOOKUP in Excel?
I have a table consists of 4 students along with their test scores. Now I want to know the test score of Sourav Dada.
1. Copy the name of Sourav Dada
2. Then Press Ctrl + F
3. A Find and Replace Panel will open paste the name on it
4. Click on Find Next
5. Lastly, the cursor will navigate and click on your name in order to know the answer
How to apply VLOOKUP formula to find an answer in Excel?
To apply VLOOKUP Formula in Excel, follow the steps given below:
1. Write =vlookup and press the Tab Key
The VLOOKUP syntax has the following arguments:
1. value – The value to look for in the first column of a table.
2. table – The table from which to retrieve a value.
3. col_index – The column in the table from which to retrieve a value.
4. range_lookup – [optional] TRUE = approximate match (default). FALSE = exact match.
2. Select the cell from the table =VLOOKUP[N1,
3. Select the table array =VLOOKUP[N1,N6:09,
4. Write 2 as from column 2 we want to retrieve a value =VLOOKUP[N1,N6:09,2,
5. Select FALSE as an exact match VLOOKUP[N1,N6:09,2, FALSE
6. Close the bracket and press Enter
In this table I have added second column of Subjects. Now I want to find out the test scores scored by students in the second subject