Tally is a constant count of something. When you start working in the field of accounting, you know the first question asked in your interview or by someone you know how to use Tally? Some may answer yes and some may say. If you do not know how to use What is Tally, do not worry.
This What is Tally Tutorial will help you understand Tally in Hindi. A tally is a software used by all firms to carry out their accounting work. Tally came from the Latin word “stick” because people wanted to mark the sticks and keep the check.
For example, the score between 2 hockey teams is 15–20. So 15-20 is the count of goals scored by each team. In other words, we can say that we do not keep pace with the goals scored by each team.
Introduction to What is Tally?
Nowadays every big firm has its own software (like SAP) in which they do their accounting work. Tally is software used by small and medium-sized commercial firms. The work of this software is the same and does not differ from company to company. So learning tally in Hindi is what we call basic learning to do an accounting job.
Tally is one of the most popular accounting software used in India. Tally is defined as “an accounting software that records all business and personal operations or transactions.” Software designed for small and medium-sized business firms.
But do you know that Tally is not just a software? Tally is more than its name. With the release of the ERP 9 version, Tally’s capabilities and functionality are expanding and expanding.
Due to its simplicity, there is Tally software. Tally Accounting is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system with a good touch of features. Tally has facilities other than Accounting, but its perception of accounting is truly remarkable. Tally is used when you start your business and to maintain a personal account.
A tally is a multi-functional software that performs many operations like Inventory management, Accounting, Payroll preparation, and cost center management, multiple currency functions, Billing, Banking, Taxation, Reporting, Ratio Analysis, your favorite GST Calculations, and many more.
Features of Tally
The most important feature of Tally is its complexities, exceptions, and unique requirements. This makes the taxi flexible to handle all needs. The need for tally in Hindi also increases as the business grows on its scale.
Like another software tally, it also has its own features like preparing various reports for daily accounting, balance sheet finalization, Inventory Maintenance, Tax filing, etc.
- Working with Tally is simple as there are no process prerequisites or set to follow.
- Adopt a business requirement that makes it flexible.
- Obtaining real-time reports such as balance sheets, profit, and loss statements. It means very fast.
- You can always rely on this software because your data is safe and secure as well as up to date. It is immune to virus attacks.
- Auto backup of your folder.
- Profit and loss account can be prepared for any period
- Income Tax on Salary
- Tracking of pending orders. And many more features.
- Manage Accounts easily: Tally easily adopts unique methods of trading. So you can manage your work, get a bird’s eye view of any account in detail, get a report before making any decision.
- One-stop GST solution: Since the inclusion of GST in our tax system, there was anarchy about you filling or returning your GST and many others. Tally has answered all the questions, it detects errors and corrects it, creates its invoice, file returns GST will help you with this.
- Bank Reconciliation: Tally fixes auto banking transactions that were manually entered incorrectly. This helps save time and avoid errors. Keep a record of post-dated checks, generate cash deposit slips, print checks, and many other works done in the bank can be done in the tally.
- Quick Decisions: Growing business also needs to be decided to do at a great pace. Tally helps you get reports that speed up your decision process. Reports like trade arrears, stock aging analysis, cost estimates, profitability analysis, and many more.
- Grow Business: Quick decisions will also help to grow your business and once your business grows, it will start to become complex. Tally helps you carry out those complex needs in a simple way. You can start inventory, payroll, manufacturing, banking, and more.
- Secured Data: Tally holds your financial data by providing keys that you can generate yourself and only you can access the data. Your data is never lost due to corruption.
- An eye on your business all over the world: You can access your business from anywhere in the world. No matter where your business is located. More than two businesses can be operated by synchronizing your data in Tally software.
- Manage Client data: Easily transfer your client data to Tally. You do not need to start working again. All your customer’s books are available in a single file. Changes made by you or your clients to the data can be exported or imported with each other
- Speed up Audit Report generation: It will take time to manually prepare a trial balance, profit, and loss statement and balance sheet and then there will be a greater amount of our time in making the report. The accounting task is made easy by choosing certain transactions and tracking their progress by monitoring each voucher.
- Consultancy: Getting quick reports, getting a bird’s eye view of financial statements helps to grow the business which indirectly provides consultancy to your clients.
Getting functional with Tally
Knowing what a tally is made us curious to know about it and start working with it. Or the question may pop in your mind how to use tally? Well, to start using Tally we need to take step by step explanation. There are four main objectives of this tutorial.
- Learn how to start and quit the software
- Understanding start-up components
- Switching between screen areas in tally
- Leaving Tally. ERP 9
To start working with Tally you need to follow the steps given below:
1. Learn how to start and quit the software
Click on Start > Program > Tally.ERP 9 > Tally. ERP 9
Double click on the Tally.ERP 9 icon on the desktop.
(The welcome screen appears when the software is loaded. The welcome screen shows the name of the software Tally.ERP 9 – The Power of Simplicity.) This is how you learn to start your Tally.ERP 9 software.
2. Understanding start-up components
Tally’s initial screen. The ERP 9 software appears as shown below. The opening screen is also known as the Gateway of Tally screen. Through this screen, you are only able to penetrate and operate deeply. The gateway of the tally screen is divided into eight sections or components.
Title Bar: This bar is at the top of the screen. We see the version number, system date and time, and serial number of Tally.ERP 9.
Horizontal Button Bar: The horizontal button bar is at the top of the screen below the title bar. The horizontal button bar has 10 buttons. The detail explanation of each button is as follows:
- Print Button: The print button is the first button seen in the horizontal button bar. The shortcut to use this button is ALT + P. This button works when you want to print your ledger account or any other file.
- Export Button: Export button next to the print button in the horizontal button bar. The shortcut key to use this button is ALT + E. This button works when you want to export your account or file to another location.
- E-mail Button: The third button is the e-mail button after the print button. The e-mail button is used to mail your document to third parties or yourself. The shortcut to use this button is ALT + M.
- Upload Button: This button is the fourth button in the horizontal button bar. This button is used when you want to upload some entries in the tally. The shortcut to use this button is ALT + 0.
The above four buttons cannot be used when you have started with the use of tally.
Shop: The fifth button is the tally shop button in the horizontal button bar. The shortcut to use this button is ALT + S. This button helps you to customize your invoice and many more. This button is an add-on.
Language: The language button shows the name of the software is using. The shortcut key is ALT + G.
Keyboard: This button is used to select the language of the keyboard. Different languages choose language. The shortcut to use this function is ALT + K.
Control center: This button is used to perform tasks in account management. You need to login to the control center for account management. The shortcut key to use this button is CTRL + K.
Support center: This button works when you want support to keep track of access, queries, and resolution status. The shortcut key to use this function is CTRL + H.
Help: This button helps to access Tally ERP 9. It provides you with online-sensitive support. The shortcut key for using this function is ALT + H.
Main Area: The main area is the place where the actual work is done. We can see that the main area is divided into two:
- Left – Hand side area: The field on the left provides information about the current period, the current period, and the list of selected companies. We can also see the name of the company and the date when the last entry was made.
- Right – Hand side area: On the right side, select the Company Company Information menu such as Company, Create Company, Backup Company, Restore Company, login, and Quit.
Close Button: This button serves the standard function of dropping or closing Tally.ERP 9 and works on other applications. To restore we will click on the Tally.ERP 9 icon on the taskbar. This button is located below the horizontal button bar. The shortcut key to close is CTRL + M.
Info. Panel: The information panel appears at the bottom of the screen. The Info panel is divided into 5 blocks. The first four blocks provide you with important information and the last block is the calculator area. Click the (x) button to hide the information panel. To open the information panel, click anywhere in the information panel or (^) in the middle of the green color band.
Calculator Area: This function is used to calculate functions. The shortcut key used is CTRL + N.
Task Bar: The taskbar is below the information panel. This bar version provides the date and time and operations that are being performed.
Vertical button bar: The vertical button bar provides us with a quick interaction button in the tally. ERP 9 that are relevant to the task. This button bar is on the right side of the screen. It is displayed vertically. The color of this panel is dark green.
3. Switching between screen areas in tally
Switching between screen areas means toggling between the main area and the calculator area. Press CTRL + N or CTRL + M to toggle between screen areas displayed on the screen. The green bar indicates which screen area is active.
4. Leaving Tally. ERP 9
To drop or close the tally. ERP 9 We need to check whether all screens are off. There are 3 ways through which you can leave this program.
a. When pressing ESC, hold the keyboard until this message is displayed? Yes or no? Press Y or press Enter or click Yes.
b. Press CTRL + Q from Gateway of Tally to exit without receiving a confirmation message.
c. We can only press enter while leaving the option in the company information. Press Y or Enter again or click Yes to leave the program.
In this tutorial, we have learned how to open and close a Tally. ERP 9. We also learned about various tasks in Tally. ERP 9. It is explained how the screen of each component that appears in the screen looks and provides an explanation in detail.
Limitations of Tally
This world is not limited to anything. Everything has its limits. Tally likewise has its limits. The limitations in the tally depend a lot on the version we are using. If you are using a free version of Tally then you will face some limitations such as Reduction in automatic bank reconciliation, Multi-account printing, Reduction in data synchronization, Reduction in remote data access.
In the paid version, customization operations are limited. Does not allow you to work for more than one laser at a time or open the same screen on multiple PCs. But before you understand how to use this software and much more you know the basics of accounting. (Accounting Principles, Concepts, and Conventions, Double Entry System of Book Keeping, Different types of accounting, Rules of Accounting, Mode of Accounting और Financial Statement.)
This is Tally in Hindi. A software that is very easy to understand and work. In addition, a tally is used in more than 100 countries other than India. From personal accounts to business accounts can work for everyone. Look forward to you in our next blog!