How to Remove Drop Down list
Hello, everybody, today we are going to talk about how to Remove Drop Down List and we hope that you might be liking our tutorial and learning from it. Anyways, in this tutorial of Excel Superstar, we are going to answer a query. Our Excel experts received a many E-mails on how to Remove Drop down list? So, we have decided to answer it. In one of our tutorial we showed how to create a drop-down list, technically it is termed as Data Validation list. So, let’s have a summary of it or else you can have recap of it
SAVE 100 HOURS A YEAR
Best Excel Tricks in 1 hr.
Excel Course worth Rs. 999 Use the coupon code to avail this course absolutely Free of cost.
Learn how to create drop-down list in Excel[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
- Select a cell in which you want to create a drop down list
- Click on ‘data’ tab from ribbon
- In “data” tab you will find “Data Validation” button click on it
- A dialogue box will appear, In that box, the first tab will be “Setting” in that you will find “Validation Criteria”
- Now, in “validation criteria” you will find a Term “Allow” which is by default set to “Any value.” Which means the user can enter any value in that cell it can be a number or text.
- Term “Allow” has a drop down list where you find a different If a user select a “List” option from the drop down list, so the cell will only accept the value which is mention in the list
- After selecting “List” option, you will find a new term called as “Source” with a text box which is placed below the “Allow” term. In this text, box user has to enter the drop down list menu or value.
- After, the Completion of this process if a user enters any other value rather than the value mentioned in the list, it will not accept the value and will give an error.
- By Carrying out this process, you can create a desired drop down list.
Now, A question which was asked to our Excel Superstar experts was although, we have created a drop down list. But, how to remove it? For removing drop down list, there are two methods the first one is reverse the whole process that has been carried out for creating a “drop down list” that is to be as follows:
- Select “Data” tab from ribbon
- Click on “Data Validation ”
- From the “Validation Criteria” set “Allow” term value to default which is “Any value ”
This process will remove the drop down list. But it is quite tedious and lengthy process. However, the second method which you will be learning is quite tricky and easy just it will take two steps to remove Drop down the list. Follow this magical steps to remove drop down list
- Select a blank cell and “copy” it
- “Paste” it into the drop down list cell
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Hope you like our tutorial for more cool and amazing trick of excel Like our Excel Superstar Facebook Page and subscribe to our Excel Superstar YouTube channel. Excel Superstar is the leading online training company, which provides Online Excel Course in Hindi. Connect with us and become an Excel Superstar.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”5px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_search][vc_column_text]
Learn 100+ Excel Tips & Tricks
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator border_width=”2″ type=”type_2″][vc_column_text]Download ebook
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator border_width=”2″ type=”type_2″][vc_column_text]Topic
- Pivot Table in Excel
- Vlookup in Excel
- Indirect in Excel
- Index & Match Function
- NestedIF in Excel
- 250+ Excel Shortcut keys
- Excel Formulas
- Text to Columns
- 2D Lookup
- Flash Fill
- Excel Tricks – Remove Password
- Fuzzy lookup
- Excel Charts
- Fix the Formula Error
- Excel VBA [No Programming needed]